Interested in renting a property from Nestwell? Please review the rental requirements and minimum standards below before you begin the application process.
- Each occupant 18 years of age and older must complete a separate application.
- There is a fee of $38 per adult applicant.
- Application fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Valid government-issued I.D.
- Valid Social Security Number
- Rental History: Three years of previous landlords & rental history (if applicable)
- Proof of Income: 3 most recent pay stubs or 2 years of most recent tax returns if self-employed. Click here to see other acceptable forms of proof of income.
- Combined monthly income of occupants totals at least 3x/monthly rent
- Co-signers/Guarantors are required to have an application score of 700 or higher and will be factored into the applicant screening score to determine application result.
- Must complete a pet profile with Petscreening.com before application screening will be considered complete. Photo of your animal/pet with the applicant (if applicable).
Qualification is based on a tenant screening score from a third-party processor. The scoring system is based on multiple factors including credit history, income, past-due debt, type of debt, collections, and more. It is not based on credit (FICO) score alone.
There are different levels of qualification for approval:
*Nestwell CANNOT tell you what your application score will be without fully submitted applications being screened through our third-party processor.
**Application scores are based on a combined average score for all applicants 18 and older for the property.
Approval: The application score must be above 700 (not credit score). Security Deposit will be equal to the amount in the rental listing (most commonly equal to one month’s rent). Applications with a score above 700 may require less processing and be completed faster depending on the results. Valid ID, proof of income, and pet screening results (if applicable) are the minimum required for a complete application in this score range.
Conditional Approval Level 1: Applications with a score from 600 to 699 (not credit score) will require an additional deposit equal to 1.5X the amount in the rental listing. Applications with a score in this range will require full processing prior to being considered complete.
Conditional Approval Level 2: Applications with a score from 500 to 599 (not credit score) will require an additional deposit equal to 2X the amount in the rental listing. Applications with a score in this range will require full processing prior to being considered complete.
Decline: An application with a score below 499 (not credit score) will be declined. There will be no conditional approval for an application in this score range. Please see our list of common reasons applicants are declined besides the application score.
All applicants must be well-qualified and meet certain financial and personal standards. Common reasons applicants are declined include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Combined monthly income is below 3x/monthly rent or insufficient documentation.
- Application score (not credit score) is 499 or below.
- Debt to income ratio is greater than 50%.
- Excessive past-due debt.
- Active bankruptcy or one that has not been discharged for at least 6 months.
- Any current or previous evictions within the past 7 years.
- Negative rental history, landlord references, evictions, or unpaid balances due to landlords or utility companies.
- More than 3 unrelated occupants or roommates.
- Smoking or vaping.