If the inside temperature is below 60 or above 89 degrees, we consider this a high-priority and handle it as quickly as possible but it's not considered an emergency.
The availability of third-party HVAC techs may cause delays. (In an unexpected heatwave the availability of vendors may be limited.)
The speed at which a heat or air condition is restored is subject to the availability of third-party vendors, parts, and if the homeowner utilizes a third-party home warranty company. For example, a heat wave or the equipment requiring special parts that are on backorder.
In the event the tenant would like service restored and the inside temperature falls between 60 and 89 degrees, the tenant may elect to pay the additional after-hours surcharge to have a vendor dispatched. This fee can range from $75 to $100 and does not guarantee restoration of the HVAC system.
Lack of AC does not constitute an emergency or habitability issues in the Utah. We do not provide temporary housing or hotel reimbursement.
How To Cool Your House When It's Hot Outside
In order to help, in a abnormally hot day we recommend the following:
- Opening windows and doors to provide a breeze and cross ventilation especially at night.
- We do have portable AC units to use until normal service is restored (subject to availability). To request a portable unit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using ceiling fans if installed.
- Purchasing portable fans.
- Visiting the local pool, lake, aquarium, library, movies, bowling, etc.
- Go on a hike in the mountains
How To Heat Your House When It's Cold Outside
In order to help, in a abnormally cool day we recommend the following:
- Keep windows and doors closed as much as possible
- If you home is equipped with a gas or electric fireplace, please turn it on. If the home has wood burning fireplace, please only use it if your an extensive knowledge of light fires.
- We do have portable heating units to use until normal service is restored (subject to availability). To request a portable unit, please email email@example.com.
- Reverse ceiling fans if installed and turn them to the low setting. Heat does rise.
- Visiting the local community center, aquarium, library, movies, bowling, etc. until heat can be restored.
Have an issue? Complete a service request now.