Communication works both ways, and there are some situations where we will require communication from you as the owner. It is important that you let us know of any significant change that can affect your account. Nestwell needs to know when you are moving, if you have a problem with your account, if your social security number has changed to a Tax ID or any other important information.
We believe in prompt and thorough communication with our clients. Every staff member has their own telephone extension, voicemail, and email. We send out monthly statements and have automated alerts and notifications to keep our clients informed. Below are some of the instances that we will initiate additional communication:
- Notice To Vacate From Tenants
- Tenant Move Outs
- Eviction Summary
- Lease Renewals
- Extraordinary maintenance items
Auto Email Notifications
- Tenant Payment Received
- Insufficient Funds
- Lease Expiration Notices
- Notice to Vacate Notices
- Lease Renewal Notices
- Move Out Calculations
- Pending Deposits
- Owner Contribution Confirmation
- Maintenance Requested By Tenants
We encourage all owners to use email to contact us. It is fast, effective, and trackable. Where email is not available or for an urgent situation, a phone call is appropriate.
A successful business relationship works both ways. Nestwell takes their management responsibilities seriously, and requests owners to do the same.
Owner responsibilities include:
- Preparing the property to be a rental by maintaining the property according to our minimum property standards.
- We ask that you do not communicate directly with your tenants and allow us to maintain control of the tenant relationship. Not following this will create various challenges which can be difficult to recover from.
- Notify Nestwell of any ownership change or eminent owner change for the managed property.
- Supply Nestwell with accurate information so Nestwell can service the management account properly.
- Review statements monthly and notify Nestwell of any discrepancies found as soon as possible.
- Support Fair Housing Laws and guidelines, as well as all necessary legislation.
- Maintain a current insurance policy for their property.
- Review your property insurance yearly and update as needed.
- Exercise responsibility for required maintenance and the safety of your tenants.
- Treat Nestwell staff with courtesy and notify Nestwell management if there are problems with Nestwell staff so they can be resolved quickly.
- Since property preservation and taking care of our residents is important to us, you can expect us to maintain your properties at a high standard of condition. We refer to our recommended property standards in making recommendations to you and will require our minimum property standards to be successful in our services to you. The Utah Fit Premises Act is something that all landlords should be aware of as it provides to landlords certain minimum requirements of condition as well as providing tenants recourse for breaching its requirements. You can expect us to use only licensed and insured contractors and vendors. This will greatly reduce your liability as a property owner.
- We will act with diligence to handle maintenance and repairs for your property in the same way we do for properties we own. In the event we need funds to cover maintenance, or are left with outstanding bills, we ask that you add funds to your account promptly through your owner portal.
- We ask that you allow us to do the work you hired us to do.