Watch Step-By-Step Video
Without completing all the steps in the tutorial, your application will not come through correctly, and some of the information you included may be lost. There are ways to fix this, but it will delay the processing of your application.
Please note that Nestwell recently switched to a new application format, and we are waiting for the next update to be released before updating this tutorial video. Though the application looks different now, most of the same information still applies.
Notable differences include:
- You can now fill out the application on a computer or mobile device using any browser.
- If you or the other adults on the application are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you have the option to save and return later. If you do, you will receive an email with the subject "Nestwell Property Management - Online Application" from Directors@nestwellpm.com. It may end up in your junk folder.
- There are two scroll bars on the page, one for the main page and a second one that controls the box with the application information. Some of the pages have more information than you will see at first. Be sure to scroll all the way down in the application information box.
- If you hit continue and it doesn't go to the next page, scroll back to the top of the application page to see the error message that will tell you what you missed on the current page.
- At the end of the application, you will not need to go to a new tab. All the steps are now included in the main application.
If you have questions about the application, watch the video and check out our application FAQs at https://www.nestwellpm.com/tenants/application-process/. You will most likely be able to find answers to your questions with these faster than you would by contacting our office. However, if your question isn’t included in the list, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office line.
We recommend watching the entire video to ensure you do everything needed for completing the application. However, here are time codes breaking the video into specific sections:
- I’m filling out the application on my phone and it isn’t working. - 0:20
- How can I get to the application? - 0:40
- Who needs to fill out an application? What about my adult child/spouse/etc. if they won’t be living in the home all the time? - 0:54
- Application fee information - 1:10
- What is your rental criteria? Will I qualify for the home? - 1:19
- Questions regarding the Personal Information section - 2:04
- Important! What if I don’t have my current landlord’s contact information? - 3:00
- Questions regarding the Prior Residence(s) section - 3:48
- Questions regarding the Employment section - 4:25
- What do I need to do to add additional adult occupants to my application? - 5:04
- How can I add a lease guarantor? - 6:23
- Questions regarding the Animals, Vehicles, and Background sections - 6:32
- Questions regarding the Other Information section - 7:15
- Questions regarding the DocuSign form - 8:22
- Paying the application fee - 10:27
- When will I know if my application is approved? - 10:44
- Additional questions - 10:56